Frequently Asked Questions
Dental implants in Swindon are made up of a three-part system. This includes the dental implant screw, the abutment, and the prosthetic tooth.
The titanium implant screw replaces the root of the natural tooth, and the abutment acts as a bridge between the screw and the prosthetic tooth. The prosthetic tooth then replaces the natural crown of the tooth and is colour matched to blend in with the natural teeth.
All materials used in dental implants in Swindon are biocompatible, which means they are compatible with the living tissues of the body and do not produce a toxic or immune response.
The materials used within dental implants, including titanium, are also predominantly used in prosthetic limbs, as they can live within the body without a negative response and fuse well with bone, in a process called osseointegration.
During the process of getting dental implants in Swindon, you are unlikely to feel any pain, thanks to the use of local anaesthetic at the surgery site.
Anaesthetics block pain signals from travelling up the nervous system to the brain, stopping you from feeling what we recognise as pain.
Like all surgical procedures, however, there will be some discomfort after getting dental implants in Swindon. The nerve signals that communicate pain are blocked with anaesthetic but will start to resend once it has worn off. This is perfectly normal and to be expected, so don’t worry.
Our dental professionals will give you personalised advice on how to manage any soreness with over-the-counter pain medications, including paracetamol and ibuprofen.
Similarly, it is important to remember that after a week post-surgery, you should be feeling much more yourself, including experiencing much less pain. It could even be less than a week after, depending on how quickly you heal.
This is a common concern for patients considering dental implants in Swindon, and as such, here at Marlborough Dental Studio, we have a few strategies to ensure your dental implants look as natural as possible.
- Whitening your natural teeth prior to fitting your dental implant- to ensure a seamless match.
- Choosing the correct colour match for the dental implant if the patient does not want to undergo tooth whitening.
- Altering the shape of the dental implant to make sure it blends in and maintains the symmetry of your smile.
Moreover, by using a dental implant instead of a partial denture, you can be sure that your prosthetic tooth is much more likely to be unnoticed, simply because it is not removable and is implanted directly into the jawbone- making it look just like a natural tooth.
To see how we put our patients’ needs above anything else, you can explore our range of customer reviews. If you’d like to come for a consultation for dental implants in Swindon, give us a call to arrange a time that is convenient for you.
Marlborough Dental Studio is very understanding of nervous patients, we are well used to working as a team to make dental treatment easier for you.
To help you feel less nervous, we have four ways to combat panic and anxiety. These include:
- Creating a relaxing ambience that provides a homely environment to put patients at ease.
- Professional and understanding staff that take their time and put patient needs first.
- More pleasant technology replaces machines that typically make people feel uncomfortable. This includes air abrasion for drill-free fillings or pain-free injections using The Wand.
- Transparent communication gives patients a clear understanding of the treatment.